Peru-Viajes.info accept no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (unexpected or uncontrollable events) (according to law) or for passengers actions.
1. On registering for the tour, passengers accept the General Booking Conditions and Payment Method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of described in this document.
2. Choquequirao Trek cannot absolutely guarantee participants safety. We cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for client’s belongings, equipment lost or damaged.
3. Peru Viajes reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
4. Any missed tours due to the above listed incidences (eg weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
5. Peru-Viajes.info, reserves the right to cancel the passenger’s place on a tour if they have not paid the total sum of the tour 24 hours prior to departure.
6. Apus Peru operate all their own treks but reserves the right to work with other agencies under extenuating conditions.
7. In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from Apus Peru that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the client, who will have no right to later claims.
8. When a passenger cancels their trip, the refund shall be according to the decision taken by PERU-VIAJES.INFO, according to the General Booking Conditions.
9. If you wish to travel on or during a special Peruvian holiday or on an election day there will be a slight increase in your trip cost. This is because people are fined in Peru if they don´t vote. So if your trek occurs during election time, we will use this increased cost to pay staff a bonus so they can pay their fines.
10. Change Policy – If you wish to change the date of departure/ and or route of your trek after making the reservation/deposit, there will be a $50 per person fee to make the change, except if the change is made in the 48 hours prior to the trek, when the change will cost $100 per person.
• Terms of booking for treks.
• 30% non refundable deposit on booking for alternative treks.
• Full payment is required 48 hrs prior to departure –failure to do so or organise an alternative payment system can result in CANCELLATION of your tour.
• Cancellation up to 24 hours prior to departure, 10% refund of the total tour price.
• Cancellation in the 24 hours prior to departure, no refund
• If we arrive on the morning of the tour and you are ill, hungover or generally indisposed and cannot travel Apus Peru will not refund the price of your tour. Depending on the circumstances, we may try to substitute an alternative tour but this remains at the discretion of Apus Peru staff and on the situation.
13.Payment of your deposit is deemed to be CONFIRMATION that the Client has read and accepts the General Booking Conditions.
14. HEALTH AND FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
Participants must be in good health and physical condition and are strongly advised to follow our pre-departure fitness training recommendations, where offered and/or necessary. Your acceptance of these booking conditions and payment of a deposit indicate you believe you are of sufficient physical and mental condition to participate in this tour and have satisfied yourself of this through consultation with an appropriate medical professional. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Where necessary, evacuation can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be the responsibility of the Client, for this reason it is recommended that you are strongly encouraged to take out appropriate travel insurance. Peru-Viajes.info reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse a Client the right to participate in a tour on medical or fitness grounds.
15. MEDICAL DISCLOSURE
Your payment of a deposit is declaration that:
• you are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this tour;
• you have disclosed to Apus Peru every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware, or ought reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to Peru-Viajes.info decision to permit you to go on the tour;
• upon any adverse change in your health or fitnes that may be likely to affect Peru Viajes decision to accept the risk of permitting you to go on the tour, you will IMMEDIATELY notify Apus Peru in writing of any such adverse change.
You acknowledge that the obligation to disclose under this condition continues from the time of booking the tour through to departure and extends for the duration of the tour. If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if Peru Viajes would not have permitted you to undertake the tour, or continue participation of the tour, had you made full disclosure under this condition, Apus Peru will not be liable, for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
17. TRAVEL INSURANCE
We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance, including repatriation services prior to booking one of our treks or tours. Please see cancellation policy above. If you are unable to travel and have travel insurance then these deposits should be covered. (you need to check your policy) Passengers have responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity in which they are participating. Please note that the non refundable deposit should be able to be recuperated through a travel insurance claim in the case of accident or illness. Repatriation insurance will insure that you are able to fly home in the event that you need emergency medical treatment in your home country and may provide you with a medical practitioner for the flight or required medical equipment. For more information about travel insurance (and how it differs from medical insurance) please see our FAQs page.
18. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY In consideration of Apus Peru accepting your booking application and in consideration of you being permitted by Apus Peru to join the tour:
You release Apus Peru and its owners and employees from all cost, liability, loss or damage incurred or suffered by you directly or indirectly during the course of the tour/trek and resulting from your personal injury, illness or death or damage to or loss of your property
You waive any claims that you have, or may at any time have, against Peru Viajes and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risk associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Apus Peru or its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
19. EXCHANGE RATE. 2012 Trek prices are based on an exchange rate of 1 USD = 2.65 Peruvian Nuevo Soles (each year changes). We revise our trek prices quarterly if there is a substantial change. Although we accept payment for the trek in US dollars the majority of our expenses are in Peruvian Soles (trek permits, wages, food, taxes). Peru Viajes will absorb any change in costs up to 15 points difference from 2.65 PEN. i.e. if the exchange rate falls to 2.50 we will not ask you to pay any additional surcharge. If however the value of the US dollar (against the Nuevo Sol) falls below 2.50 we will ask you to pay a US$15 surcharge, if the value falls below 2.45 we will ask you to pay a US$20 surcharge, below 2.40 we will ask you to pay a US$25 surcharge etc. Exchange rates can go both up and down so if the value of the US dollar increases against the Peruvian Sol we will refund you the following amounts: exchange rate greater than 2.80 we will refund US$10, greater than 2.85 we will refund US$15, greater than 2.90 we will refund US$20 etc. Peru Viajes will show calculations to clearly justify such surcharges.
20. HIRE OF EQUIPMENT – if you hire equipment from Peru Viajes, you are responsible for this equipment for the entire length of the tour and you agree to play repair/replacement costs if broken or lost.
I acknowledge that this is an adventure tour and that there are risks involved. I have read, understood and accept the General Booking Conditions of Peru Viajes, including the conditions regarding refunds.