Colca of the Colca
DAY 1: AREQUIPA - CHIVAY - CABANACONDE - SAN JUAN DE CHUCCHO - OASIS LODGE - COLCA CANYON
At 1am pick-up at the hotel in Arequipa; orientation about our trek and journey of 6 hours to the second deepest Canyon in the world.
7am brief stop at the Condor Cross - Tapay viewpoint (3600m). Breakfast at the Tapay viewpoint (3500m), located in the left rim of the canyon. Start trekking in the Colca Canyon descending for 4 hours to the Colca River (2160m), a descent of 1300 meters. We will cross to the other side of the canyon and begin our ascent upward.
12pm arrival to the lodge and resting place in San Juan de Chuccho village (2300 meters above sea level). Here you will get a delicious and energetic lunch.
2pm after our lunch, continue hiking for approximately four hours, crossing small villages (Malata and Cosñirhua), going up hills, over 2600m above sea level and down again to our next destination called Sangalle/Oasis, where we`ll find a nice place to spend the night with bamboo bungalows, pretty swimming pools between palm trees, surrounded by the Colca River (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner and Family Lodge or Camping).
IMPORTANT: If you book this trek with backpacker service you must need to bring warm clothes as heavy fleece or windproof jacket. The public bus service doesn’t provide calefaction or air conditioning during this journey.
DAY 2: COLCA CANYON - CABANACONDE TOWN - CRUZ DEL CONDOR VIEWPOINT - CHIVAY - AREQUIPA
At 4am - 6am have breakfast and begin the ascent of three hours to the left rim of Colca Canyon, to Cabanaconde (3280m). This day we walk up 1050m, for the last hard and steep trail of our excursion.
8am - 11am travel by bus for 30 minutes to the Condor's Cross lookout, viewing many small towns all around the Colca Valley, located in the high part of the canyon. Optional visit to the Hot Springs - Thermal swimming pools in Chivay (3600m).
12pm have lunch in Chivay and travel back four hours to Arequipa and complete our trip (Breakfast + Lunch).
BACKPACKER SERVICE INCLUDES $155 USD Per Person (Up To 12 Participants)
- Official English-Speaking Guide
- Round trip transportation - Shared van or bus with more travelers
- All meals according the program
- Camping gear as 4 season tents and mattresses (Sleeping bag is not included)
- Shared bath and cold shower facilities
- Tourist ticket of 70 soles or $30 US Dollars per person (Obligatory). This is the unique entrance to the Colca national park even if you don't stop at "Mirador Cruz Del Condor" (take care not many tour operators don't includes this tourist ticket), the entrance is valid to visit all the canyon but not valid for hot springs along the canyon
- Water supply (boiled) every day before breakfast and after each dinner
- Food and lodging for our camp staff
- First aid kit for all participants and our camp staff
RESERVATION THIS TOUR